Strange water blisters developing on mosquito bites! Help plz!
My family and I are camping in southern ontario.  The mosquitos get very thick for about an hour each evening.  We've noticed several different reactions which are not normal from what we are used to in Alberta.

The most common and confusing symptom seems to be water blisters forming on the bites and once popped are even more itchy and painful.

Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them and if it's normal?  Or what can be done to help ease the itching and pain?  We've tried After bite, benadryl itch stick, calamine lotion etc.  The best relief has been with Polysporin Itch Relief.
Hi, insect bites are one of the most common causes of the local reactions. The difficult part of it is we fail to recognize the insect and subsequent reaction to the bites can be severe. Mosquito bite can be responsible for such reaction. Other insects which are known to cause such severe reactions or systemic reactions are Triatoma (kissing bugs), followed by black flies, deerflies, and horseflies.

Such reactions are seen due to Inflammation which is caused by irritant substances concentrated in insect saliva. When this saliva is injected body recognizes it as foreign body and reacts. If you get exposed to such bites again, as body has already recognized it and it reacts more to give even more severe reactions.

Reduction of local edema may be induced with cooling (ice or cold pack). Topical lotions such as calamine decreases pain and itching. Topical anesthetic and antihistamine preparations should be avoided because they can sensitize the skin following sun exposure and induce allergic contact sensitivity.

You also need to take oral antihistamines and corticosteroids for severe reactions.

I suggest you to consult dermatologist. Take care and regards.