Sudden allergy to everything
Hi. In July I was given a hormone replacement pill, agestyn (SP?)  I woke up one morning with hives everywhere.  I went to my doctor who gave me prednisone and referred me to an allergist. I have never had allergies in my life.  I am 49 years old.  Since this sudden reaction, I have reacted, at first, every other week.  Now it is daily.  At first, it was to nickel (I had patch tests and am now allergic to nickel and cobalt).  Now it is polyester, smelling things like perfume, bleach, etc...My allergic reactions are daily, now.  I do not understand why it is sudden.  I have been to the ER probably 10 times since then with swollen eyes, swollen airway, hives all over, swollen lips.  It can be something I eat (corn), something I sit on (a couch with polyester) or something I breathe (perfume).  Why these sudden allergies?  Will they go away or will I be like this the rest of my life?  It is not angioedema like the other person thought.  I have tested negative for all autoimmune diseases that my doc tested me for.  No RA.  Please if you have any ideas, it could save my life.
thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is difficult to predict to what and why allergic reactions are triggered. But in most cases, the cause of chronic hives is never identified, even after testing and monitoring symptoms. Heat, cold, pressure, sunlight or other environmental stimuli may worsen chronic hives. Certain pain medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve, Anaprox, others), also can worsen chronic hives. Therapy lies in identifying the allergens and avoiding them and antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.