Swollen Lips
3 months ago I woke up with swollen lips. It lasted for 2 weeks.  The other day my mouth got swollen - twice its normal size and I ahve to go a do a presentation to 400 people in a day! Help what can bring it down immediately I suspect it is an allergy . I have done tests before and I have avoided peanuts and milk until now again when it just happened out of the blue. Any ideas out there. Need urgent help.

G Shezi

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine. Take syrup benadryl and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If not, you could go to the ER or consult your doctor - you would then need injectable antiallergic and steroid medications for your symptoms.

You have to seek medical attention for this immediately not because of your presentation, but because this could even be life threatening if it worsens.

Let us know about your past medical history and about any previous similar episodes that you have had.

You should carry an epi-pen with you for such circumstances.

Are you allergic to any specific substances?

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Keep us posted.

Regards.