Welt on face: allergic reaction?
These lumps appear sometimes once a month or once every few months and go away after a couple of hours.

I usually see them on the same spot under my eye and a bit on my neck.

What are they? What causes them? How can I treat them?

Any sound advice is greatly appreciated.
You seem to be having hives (urticaria). Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. The next time,they appear,pls take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin).Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(Benadryl) is used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment and apply calamine lotion on the hives.If the symptoms persist, then you can consult an immunologist. He may start with immunosuppressive drugs.

If the hives don’t go after 6 wks of treatment also, then it can be a case of chronic urticaria which needs further evaluation as it may be due to auto antibodies.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.