Allergy Community
allergic reaction?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

allergic reaction?

last week i awoke from my nap to find a rash on my right hip.....thought it was poison ivy.......
noticed that night it was painful to lie on my right side but didn't think anymore of it......
the next day i noticed on both sides of the rash my skin was somewhat swollen and painful......
i went to the doctor and he said i had an allergic reaction to something.........my question is
is it normal to have pain in surrounding areas with an allergic reaction??......it has been 6 days now and i notice the painful area is starting to look like it's bruised.........greenish like bruises do when they heal.........should i be concerned???

Pain can be associated with the allergic areas.

You can apply calamine lotion at the site; oral antihistamines or antiallergic medications can also be taken.

If the bruise does not heal in another couple of days , it would be best to get a re-evaluation done by your doctor or see a dermatologist.

Do let us know about your progress.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.