allergic reaction?
last week i awoke from my nap to find a rash on my right hip.....thought it was poison ivy.......
noticed that night it was painful to lie on my right side but didn't think anymore of it......
the next day i noticed on both sides of the rash my skin was somewhat swollen and painful......
i went to the doctor and he said i had an allergic reaction to something.........my question is
is it normal to have pain in surrounding areas with an allergic reaction??......it has been 6 days now and i notice the painful area is starting to look like it's bruised.........greenish like bruises do when they heal.........should i be concerned???

Pain can be associated with the allergic areas.

You can apply calamine lotion at the site; oral antihistamines or antiallergic medications can also be taken.

If the bruise does not heal in another couple of days , it would be best to get a re-evaluation done by your doctor or see a dermatologist.

Do let us know about your progress.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.