food allergies?
i have recently been developing food allergies over the past 2 years. My symptoms usually include a very itchy mouth, swollen lips, or hives.
Last week i was opening the bar at work and all of a sudden my mouth started to itch, so i took a benedryl and then shortly after (5-10 mins) i was having alot of trouble breathing and according to my boss i looked extremly pale. I felt faint and started getting shaky. Then my breathing became very very slow and then i could barely breath at all. (that lasted about 2 minutes) then i started to hyperventalate and couldnt catch my breath.
i didnt hadnt eaten anything and had been drinking a bottle of water.
my boss took me to the doctors office next door after i was relaxed and then when i was explaining what had happened he just kinda looked and me & said that it made no sense. he said it couldnt of been an allergic reaction if i was hyperventalating.
soo can someone please explain what happened?
some of the foods that bother me are: carrots, peppers, almonds, peaches, pears, bannanas, melons, and mangos
How are you? Aside from food, are there other allergies such as dust,pollen or airborne particles? What medications are you presently taking? If there was no food intake, it would be impossible for you to have these reactions. Food allergies rarely cause respiratory reactions and hyperventilation will not cause these reactions, either.

Hyperventilation is the state of breathing faster or deeper than necessary, thereby reducing the carbon dioxide concentration of the blood below normal. Stress or anxiety are the common causes of hyperventilation. Sometimes, it can also be brought about voluntarily by taking many deep breaths.

Take care and keep us posted. If hyperventilation does occurs again, what you can do is to breath in a brown paper bag or plastic to ease your breath.