hormonal allergies
I am 39 y/o and having problems.  I have had migraines every other month for several years now around the time of my period.  In the past 6 months, I have developed hives around ovulation and now every other month around my period I have developed facial swelling, lips swelling, tingling in mouth.  I am thinking that I am having hormone allergies.  I am on xyzal but can only take a half tablet because of the jitters.  Even the half tab doesn't make me feel right.  I am now having to carry an epi pen and benadryl just in case.  I am wondering about getting a hysterectomy and removing the ovaries just because the symptoms every month are scary and affecting my life.  Any other suggestions or would the above help eliminate the problem.  My mother went through menopause at 39-40 and I believe I am in perimenopause due to several other symptoms,  Please help

Ovulation and menstrual cycle are two such phenomenon which is associated with rapid hormone changes every month. To stimulate ovulation, progesterone levels increase while estrogen levels decrease.These hormonal changes cause the body a great deal of stress and stress is one of the important factors thought to be causing hives.although urticaria usually is idiopathic,but stress is an important causative factor.See,hysterectomy is not the initial solution to this problem.Regular medications with antihistaminics and steroids during hives flare up has shown that in approximately 75% of patients, chronic hives are found to gradually or spontaneously diminish within 6-8 months. In 90-95% of cases, the symptoms disappear within 2 years.

So I would sincerel;y advise you to consult an allergist and discuss this problem with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.