Allergy Community
itchy sides of my body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

itchy sides of my body

Not sure if I'm in the right place or not.  I have had itchy sides for the past few months and it's driving me mad.  I don't have a rash or anything just the itch!!! I have been watching what I have been eating, it doesn't seem to need anything to bring it on, it's not there all the time it just comes and goes during the day.  I have also been waking up during the night tearing at my sides.  I have two dogs but don't think it's them as I have always had pets around me.
Anyone got anyideas what this could be?
You may have an alergic (allergic) reaction to a material you come in contact with or may just be alergic (allergic) to the dogs and just didn't realise it it's hard to say if they are lap dogs with what they call "human hair" this probably wouldn't be the case. Often with an alergic (allergic) reaction to pet hair you will feel a tickling hair like sensation on the end of your nose that just won't go away no matter how much you rub it.
It could be scabies (unlikely) but I couldn't say for sure, if you have recently stayed somewhere like a hotel/motel or anywhere unclean or been in contact with anyone that has scabies (they may not know they have them) you should get checked there is a way to stop them if this is the case. They are a bug that gets under the skin and eat flesh just below the surface don't panic though my sister and her boyfriend had them a few years back and they are fine if it is scabies your doctor will need to cover your skin with a paste that kills them but don't leave it they can go everywhere if left untreated this is not that common though but I'm just giving you some ideas.