Allergy Community
sever joint pain, hives, itching taking Bactrim

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I took one dose of Bactrim DS and 30-45 minutes after I started having a painful, itchey and burning sensation on my stomach and back.  That was followed by a stabbing pain in my neck which then moved all over my joints, even my toes.  I went to the ER finally because I could not stand it, only to be blown off by the PA who said it was viral.  (He didn't even look at the hives...) He stated that pain didn't usually go along with an allergic reaction and when I questioned that it happened after taking the Bactrim he didn't say anything.  Does anyone have any information on this or has this happened to anyone else?
Yes Bactrim can cause the side effects you are having, speak to your Doctor as soon as possible and he will tell you to stop taking the Bactrim The ER doctor was incorrect and this has some nasty effects on some people .Do some research online there is much up there about it ...Go to show another Doctor as soon as you can ...good luck