ALWAYS WORRIED ABOUT HEALTH!
Hi - Am I going crazy or what?  I am constantly, I mean 24/7 worried that I am dying from some health issue.  I have had so many tests done all of which have come back normal.  Every time I get the slightest pain in my chest or my head I think I am having either a heart attack or brain aneurysm.  I cannot relax.  I cannot sleep.  I see a therapist 1x per week.  Take an occassional Xanax, my md prescribed Celexa, but I am too afraid to take it due to all of the horrible side effects I have read about.  Can anybody relate to this?  Any help would be so appreciated!  Thanks Tracy
Sounds like good ol' anxiety to me.  I have the exact same problem.  My face gets flush, can't turn my brain off, worried all the time which makes the body aches and pains even worse...which in turn makes my anxiety worse.  It really *****!

Best advice I can give is to tell you that you are not dying.  If all your tests came back positive your fine.  I know it is easier said than done but try and relax.  I would also recommend changing from xanax to a longer lasting benzo such as Klonopin.

I will be doing just that tomorrow.  If you ever want to talk just let me know.
Thank you so much for your response.  Let me know how the Klonopin works!  Have you heard anything good or bad about Celexa?  Thanks
Sounds just like me!  I was on lexapro (10mg) a day but stopped this past summer because I felt that I was strong enough to do without.  Everything has been ok until about 1 month ago when heart palpitations started (see my posting...palpitations and getting pissed).

Since then all I can do is worry about dying and heart attacks and aneuyrsm and all that good stuff.  I have been assured that the palpitations are nothing, however I still can't believe them.  They told me to stop worrying about them and they would go away. Yeah right.

Either way, I still take a xanax once in awhile if I get really stressed and freaked.  I think that this chat forum is the best thing that has ever happened to me because I realize now that I am not alone and that the dizzy, faint, sweating but cant stop shaking, oh my god I am going to die feelings are not only mine and that other people feel this way too.

I agree with tropicalsoul that the best thing to do is tell yourself that "this has happened before and nothing bad has happened from it."  If you start to realize that you will have more peace in your mind.  I know easier said than done, but know that you are not alone and your symptoms most likely are nothing sinister.  I tell myself that CONSTANTLY.

As far as celexa goes, they were going to switch me from lexapro to that and I said no.  I had been on lexapro for so long that I didn't want to upset my body by switching.  I read bad things about celexa but I am sure lexapro has them too.  I just chose not to look!!!! =)  I think anything in that line of drug is going to help.  I know it did me wonders.  
I also suffer from hypochondia. Celexa made it worse. Effexor and klonopin got it under control.
I can relate, in 2006 I thought I was dying from every symptom, I felt.  No matter how many times, I was tested or a doctor told me, I was fine, I was convinced I was dying, especially from a heart attack, cause I was alway's having chest pains.  

Well, my cardiologist is wonderful, although my heart was in perfect condition, after a stress test, echo, ultrasound, 24 hour heart monitors 3 times, I was still convinced I was dying from a heart problems.  My cardiologist said, I was developing cardiac neurosis, and explained what it was to me.  

I alway's had chest pains and pounding heart.  Well, what I did was, bought me a treadmill and each time, I felt chest pains or my heart pounding, I would start walking on the treadmill, amazingly 2-3 weeks later, it disappeared.  

To resolve the issue, a person has to overcome the fear, they are challanged with.  I've learned to accept fear, rather then fight it.  

Every individual reacts differently to life, medications, illness etc....  Just because one person has a bad experience, doesn't mean another will.  You will just have to give yourself a chance, and learn how to react to the challanges you are faced with in life.  

If you take Celexa and have a bad experience, then you know not to take it anymore, but if you take Celexa and it works wonderfully for you, then that's great news.  But you will never know, until you take the med, to see how you react to it.  

hi i have health anxiety too, i have been through strokes, tumours, anerysms, blood clots and now im onto my heart, i too have had numerous good tests but find it hard to believe my doctor cause i still get chest pains etc you gotta grab this by the throat and not let it beat you. i know meds are scary i have been prescribed loads and never taken one apart from beta-blockers. the side effects always sound horrific but it doesnt mean your gonna get them, the med companies have to put them on the leaflet even if 1 person in 10,000 has experienced it.
give them a try if they dont agree with you then stop them my idea is dont even read the leaflet cause us people with health anxiet will feel all the effects even if were not really having them.
good luck let us know how you get on
hi.. i have health anxiety also. been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. its always difficult for me to believe its just anxiety attack no matter how many times the doctor tells me am fine. been through some health tests . everything came out fine but i still cant relax and believe there is nothing wrong with me.
Try the linden method
does the linden method really work?
oh trust me your not alone on this one!, the slightest headache,the littlest pain or dizzyness or heart pulpiatation or whatever that goes wrong with me i'm off and running it over my head like mad!, it is CRAZY!

i'm always thinking "thats it..i'm gonna die from a tumor!" or aneurysm/heart attack!, ergh!, yay for being a hypochondriac!
I have exact same.  My health anxiety makes me thinking have a heart condition when I don't.   The linden method is proven to work but u have to fully commit.  I have yet to fully commit part of the program is stop going to every dr u can find for every little sensation.  I'm still dealing with that one