Anxiety Community
Hard throbbing head/temple pulse.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hard throbbing head/temple pulse.

I have had a strong head pluse in the back of my head and temples for about 2 months now. I'm taking blood pressure medication (losarton 50mg/hctz 12.5mg)  and its been running about 135/75. The pulse in my head gets string and times turns into a headache. It starts about at my hairline and run up both sides to my scalp. Idk what's causing this I went to the ER because of the headache an hard pulse they did a head/brain ct scan all was normal...and Chest X-ray/blood work it was normal...my previous doc said I had chronic sinusitis about 2weeks ago by just looking down my throat. But those test showed no infection and no "significant" sinuses..anyone gone through this? I'm worried it could be serious the way my head feels I go to a neurologist in 3 weeks.
Since the ER did a CT, blood work and X-ray, you can rest assured that nothing was found.

If these BP meds are new, that could be the problem, especially if the strong pulsating feeling began around that time.

If this is causing you a lot of anxiety, I'd say it would be better to contact your doctor now rather than wait the three weeks for the neuro appt.
You don't need to add any more stress!
Peace
Greenlydia
HI again!

I remembered our last discussion right away:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/Scary-head-pain-swollen-hard-lymp-node/show/1922400#post_8974559

Browsing through your posting history, it's very clear you are still having high levels of anxiety about these symptoms, despite the reassurance and thorough work-up at the ER.  Hopefully the neurologist can further put you at ease, but I would REALLY recommend that you start addressing your anxiety.  Even if your symptoms aren't 100%  CAUSED by anxiety, you're sure having a lot worrying about this.  

When you see the neuro, try to accept what he/she tells you, okay?  And ask your PCP for a therapy referral.  I think you'll feel a lot better if you can get this anxiety under control.

Good luck, let us know how the neuro appt goes!
Thank you all, and yes it has caused a level of anxiety because im use to being healthy and im not getting any answers from my primary doctor or comforting and i cant switch due to no insurance. The Er did a Ct scan of the head but told me to follow up with the Nuero to be evaluated further and more detailed for the headaches thats not till april 25th. The pulsating/weird head sinsations was before i started the new BP pills. Its just rough not having insurance or no help...Ive not felt this bad my whole life seems likes its one thing after another..one doc said i had chronic sinisitus..but at the ER said showed no "siginifigant sinuses" so idk what could cause this and i also have pressure on my nose...ive been getting out and relieving stress playing sports and walking and stuff...but my head will not leave me alone :/
.
1 hr ago by refills
Aluminum in Vaccines: A Neurologica...
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
mishymoshymarcy I dont think you understand... Comment