anxiety?
I have had battling with anxiety now for about four years but this past week has been one of the worst. I am just wondering if these are symptoms of anxiety or if it is something more because i have not had these symptoms before. the new symptoms i am experiencing are off balance get hot and sweaty extreme confusion and feel very nausea. i guess i need to know if anyone thinks this might be anxiety or something more. thanks for reading this.
Tom
Hi Tom. I used to converse with you 4 years ago on MH. Sorry to hear that things are still upsetting.
Those are typical anxiety driven issues, although there are medical conditions that would manifest the same. The odds say it is anxiety, considering the 4 years you have had to deal with it. Have you seen a psychiatrist or medical doctor lately to discuss them?
You had gerd before, so is that still with you? That can make a person depressed and anxious, because it is both frightening and makes you physically feel so bad.
I would have to agree that anxiety can manifest itself in various ways and can ebb and flow over time.  For example, I had gone years between worrying about anxiety only to have it come back.  In my experience, I also tend to experience different physical symptoms as well.  Just as I get used to or accept that a symptom is nothing to worry about, I would switch to another symptom that became the one I would constantly worry about.  

What worked in the past with confronting your anxiety?  Are you in counseling?