Aa
A
A
Close
1st time pain mgmt appt
I've had gouty arthritis for 6yrs and have had 3 surgeries to correct damage to my feet caused by stress fractures caused by gout flares. Even with taking allopurinal, indocin, etc. I average an attack at least 2 times every couple months. I take also 90 norco 10s (3 a day) to manage pain. My primary is sending me to a rhematologist (sp?) and a pain mgmt dr. Can anyone tell me what to expect from pain mgmt. as I have never been 2 one but my pain seems worse and the norco doesnt seem as effective as it once was and that is the strongest pain med I have ever taken. What may they dn a pain mgmt? Any thoughts will be appreciated...
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The pain management doctors usually prescribe the strongest pain medications available anywhere.  Things like Oxycontin.  They cause severe constipation, though.  For your fractures, I (not a doctor) recommend that you take Ipriflavone (a bone builder).  I prefer to go the natural route, and I take supplements including Essiac, an old Osage Indian remedy.  It doesn't work for everyone - but I have no discs left and am walking - I still have some pain as I have Fibromyalgia - but I am ambulatory.  I hope and pray that the doctors are able to give you some relief.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank