1st time pain mgmt appt
I've had gouty arthritis for 6yrs and have had 3 surgeries to correct damage to my feet caused by stress fractures caused by gout flares. Even with taking allopurinal, indocin, etc. I average an attack at least 2 times every couple months. I take also 90 norco 10s (3 a day) to manage pain. My primary is sending me to a rhematologist (sp?) and a pain mgmt dr. Can anyone tell me what to expect from pain mgmt. as I have never been 2 one but my pain seems worse and the norco doesnt seem as effective as it once was and that is the strongest pain med I have ever taken. What may they dn a pain mgmt? Any thoughts will be appreciated...
The pain management doctors usually prescribe the strongest pain medications available anywhere.  Things like Oxycontin.  They cause severe constipation, though.  For your fractures, I (not a doctor) recommend that you take Ipriflavone (a bone builder).  I prefer to go the natural route, and I take supplements including Essiac, an old Osage Indian remedy.  It doesn't work for everyone - but I have no discs left and am walking - I still have some pain as I have Fibromyalgia - but I am ambulatory.  I hope and pray that the doctors are able to give you some relief.