Advice re daughter
My 12 year old is suffering with quite bad pain in her right leg, left ribs and left arm, mainly in the joints.  We have seen a paediatrician and had a full blood screen, and all has been discounted (slightly elevated WBC, but not too bad), apart from a possibility of post-viral arthritis.  She is in considerable pain and having to give up her activites, and I was wondering if anyone has advice about pain control - we are due back at the paed in 4 weeks, and she may have a scan after that.  She is currently taking ibuprofen and a panadol/coedine mix at night, but this does not seem to be working.
Sorry it has taken so long for a response.  Did the Dr say what kind of virus?  Was it parvovirus B19?  That virus has been known to cause arthritis.  I would call the Dr and tell him about the pain, it sounds like they should put her on something else.  There are also pain patches called Lidoderm that may help her, but I would definately call the Dr and let them know.  Please keep us posted on your daughter.

Many Hugs,

Ada aka Spastic