Arthritis Community
Nighttime Bone Pain Generalized

Nighttime Bone Pain Generalized

My husband is 6'1, 228 lbs, 60, retired.  He is experiencing nighttime bone pain fairly frequently.  It is not connected to weather patterns, or the bed.  (we have a sleep number bed that he can adjust to need).  He describes it as "aches" where his body lies on the bed.  (contacts the bed).  Ibuprofen does not really help much.  He takes vitamins and prilosec, and omega 3 Lovasa for high cholesterol.  He has a pacemaker for SSS.  He is really quite healthy.  He has had multiple lipomas (many dozens) for most of his life, and has no problem with them.  Can anyone tell me what this could possibly be?  
I am sorry your husband is in pain.  I have had pain that kept me awake at night and I know how I suffered not only with the pain and lack of sleep but how that bled over into other areas of my life.  Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind when you write night time bone pain is osteoporosis.  I know we all think of women when we hear that word, but men can get it too.  I hope he will go to the doctor about this and that you will let us know what you learn.