Arthritis Community
Severe joint pain with no lumps or swelling?

I am a 26 year old female and recently after having a baby I started getting severe joint pain in several of my joints. Most every day my knees, ankles, and a couple of my fingers hurt (always in the middle of my fingers). Other days my sholdures, wrists, and neck are achy but not to the extent of the other joints. The doctor pressed on my joints and asked if it hurt, my joints do not seem to hurt when they are pressed on, its ONLY if I move them. If I'm sitting perfectly still even if they're being touched they're fine. There doesn't seem to be any odd bumps, lumps, or warmness to them that I can tell just the pain. My dr did a CRP, a ESR, and a ANA test and the inflimation came back significantly elevated so she ordered more testing but did not say what the testing was. When I asked the lab tech that was drawing the blood she said SILIAC (prounounced like that not celiac unless if that is what she meant?) Does anyone know what could cause this type of arthritis pain? The pain is bad in the morning and at night or anytime I sit down and am sedetary for a while. If I get up take a hot shower and stay moving it hurts but its mangeable. If I sit for too long its awful.

I am meetng with my doctor on Friday again to go over the test results  I just am wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for or asking her to test for. She's very willing to follow my lead if I want something done. I've never had pain like this before. She said when you have pain in different joints it means different things so what could it mean when it seems to be affecting my larger joints first?

Thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? How was your follow-up with your doctor and what diagnostic tests were done?  Joint pain can be caused by a variety of issues such as injury, autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, bursitis, gout, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, or from infections caused by a virus. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done to determine the underlying issue. Take care and do keep us posted.