always pain
I have sever pain that that moves from hip to knee to shin . It feels like ther is a knife in my joints . Sometimes it is one or the other ,sometimes both. I had an x-ray and it showed decreased space in L-3 to 5 , S1 in discs. My knee and hip was also x-rayed . degenerative changes in left hip . corticated bony fragment to patella at region of the lateral retinaculum attached ,avulsion fracture . Also space narrowing eburnation and osteophytes in hip .
  Any information or exercises to help would be great . The pain is almost debilitating and I currently only take Alieve every other day .
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The knee joint has avulsion fracture and it can cause pain. Rest the joints if possible till the acute inflammation subsides. Avoid those movements or exercises that aggravate your pain. Try not to lift weights or bend as this can worsen your symptoms. Try applying local analgesic creams. Place ice over the painful area every 1-2 hrs for pain relief. Sleep on a firm surface with a pillow under the knees and take OTC pain medications like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. Ensure to take them after food.

If overweight aim for optimum weight.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.