head pain
I have had these weird sharp stabbing pains in my head last about 3 seconds to 5 minutes followed by a burning sensation along with slight tingling in my head that also go into face and fingers. The top of right shoulder is always tense with pain, a few knots in neck and shoulder area. Neck is clear with an MRI and had CT scan of head showed nothing abnormal... Dr's cannot find the cause of this head pain and put me on Neurontin to help cope. Also have severe case of TMJ could this be the cause of all of this or should I request an MRI of brain just to rule out what the CT Scan Might have missed?
TMJ does not cause the symptoms you have listed. You should request a brain MRI with contrast so they can check your cerebral arteries and veins. It definitely sounds like a neurological issue or perhaps a pinched nerve. Do not give up! Keep searching and if you don't feel like a certain doctor is taking you seriously, move on to the next one. It took me over a year to get properly diagnosed with my brain illness. Good luck!