Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Atenolol, xanax, prozac

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Atenolol, xanax, prozac
Hi.

I'm currently taking the medications "atenolol" and "prozac". I'd like to start trying "xanax". Is it safe to be on all 3 of these medications at the same time?

Thanks very much in advance.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

This question really needs to be answered by a doctor or pharmacist- they are much more familiar with drug interactions and side effects.  As a nurse, I know I have seen patients on both prozac and xanax.  Talk to your prescribing doctor about this and/or your pharmacist.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.  Good luck.

Bridget