Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Fetus heartbeat

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Fetus heartbeat

I am 6weeks and 2 days and yesterday I went to the hospital complaining of cramping and they did an  ultrasound and they couldn't here a heartbeat us that common not to here a heartbeat this early?
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

It is not uncommon this early in pregnancy to not see a heartbeat on ultrasound.  Generally, they will tell you to come back in a week and see what they can see then.  IF you have any bleeding/cramping, be sure to let your ob/gyn know.  Good luck and try not to worry too much.

Bridget