Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Finger Numbness
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Finger Numbness

Hi, this past saturday night I was up in East Stroudsberg, PA visiting some friends in college. We had to walk to and from a party, and decided that jeans and T-shirts would suffice the -6 degree weather. Our total exposure time was about 45 minutes going there and coming back, and we did drink at the party. Since then, I have had numbness on the tips of my fingers, with the exception of the thumb, index finger and middle finger on my right hand; the left thumb, index finger and middle finger have more feeling than the others, but the numbness is present.. They are fully functional, but have limited sensation. My concern is what happened, and whether or not the damage is permanent?