Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Neverending violent and itchy cough
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neverending violent and itchy cough

Hello,

I am a 22 year old male, and I have been having a recurring problem that seems to be really annoying the heck out of me. I have had a sore throat when I wake up in the morning, and it usually goes away but the itchy part of it stays all day... and it keeps on making me cough violently as if I am going to throw up. The coughing lasts all day. I have mucus coming up when I have the violent coughs. Last time I had this problem, it lasted a month and it slowly went away.. I can't sleep because of this itchy throat, the coughing keeps me awake all night.

Any help or guesses on what this could possibly be would be appreciated..

Thank you