Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Pregnancy test
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy test

Not sure if I actually am pregnant but I took a first response pregnancy test this morning and it did have a faint line but it does say positive! Then I took a second test and it said negative! So I'm going to buy another test and see how it turns out tomorrow! What do you all think? Possibility?
5289563_tn?1366052034
HI and thanks for using the forum.
It is definately a possibility. Home pregnancy tests check for the presence of hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin).They are considered highly accurate, but as in your case, not 100%. Because the hormone level has to be high enough to be detected in urine, the home tests are best taken after a missed period for most accurate results. However, some tests claim to detect a varient of the hormone 4-5days before a missed period. Make sure to follow all package directions.

Good Luck
Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...