Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Women's Health

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Women's Health

About 8 months ago, I developed white, pimple like bumps in and around the vagina. Sometimes they itch, hurt and  bleed when touched. Also, about a few years ago, I was experiencing difficulties using Tampons, which I had been using for over 30 years. I looked to the best of my ability to see what could be the problem. Surprisingly, on the walls of the vagina are thick, oblong shaped, brown/black projections. Some of the ends of the projections separates from the wall. I would like to know if anyone may have an idea what this could be and/or suggestions about treatment.  Thank you
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to see your Ob/gyn.  I cannot say for sure what is causing these bumps or what the projections are (you can get varicose veins in that area and that is one possibility) but you need to get this checked out so that the cause can be determined.  Call your ob/gyn ASAP.  If you do not have one, you can see your regular doctor or look for a womens health clinic in your area.  Good luck.

Bridget