Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
contractions or braxton hicks?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

contractions or braxton hicks?

Im 32weeks pregnant people in the streets have said im about to pop my mom even said my sbelly droppedand for a while now my stomach goes completely hard that I can't poke it. It doesn't hurt but sometimes i wake up with bad left upper quadrant pain. It happened that today I was laying down and my stomach got hard and along with stabbing like pain on my right side. i have a drs appt this friday but its a community hospital so they really dont mind my symptoms. Does this mean im going into labor soon?
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

What you are describing, sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions. However, this late in your pregnancy it can be difficult to tell the difference between the harmless Braxton Hicks contractions and pre term labor. Call your doctor right away if the contractions become more frequent, rhythmic, or painful. Other signs of preterm labor are vaginal bleeding/spotting, In increase or change in vaginal discharge, low back pain, or pelvic pressure. You should also let your doctor know if you notice more than 4 of the contractions in an hour even if they are not painful.

Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water, sometime this helps with the Braxton Hicks contractions. Good luck at your appointment.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...