Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
is this normal

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

is this normal

Is it normal to have your cycle for 9 days
Thanks for using the forum.

A woman's cycle can vary at times due to shifting hormone levels. A period usually should not last more than 7 days. If you continue to experience periods longer than 7 days I would recommend speaking with your doctor. If your cycle returns to its normal length next month, then I would suggest keeping track of your cycle. A shift in hormone levels can be caused by stress, diet, activity, changes in sleep pattern...By keeping track, you might be able to discover a relationship between what is going on in your day to day life and changes in your cycle.

I hope this helps.

Cathy