Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
itching all over while lying down

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

itching all over while lying down
i just had a kidney ransplant and now I itch all over when I lie down
Hi and thanks for  using the forum.

I am by no means an expert with kidney transplants, but as far as I can recall, I think itching is fairly common with kidney disease and for some time after transplant.  I think it has to do with the build up of toxins in your blood that your kidneys normally filter out.  After transplant, the kidney is just starting to work and takes time to clear the toxins.  I believe that the itching subsides over time.  As far as what you can do to treat it, I think you need to contact your transplant team/doctor and find out.   Good luck.

Bridget