Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
pregnancy
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pregnancy

How do you keep calm when going into labor
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

I wish I had one thing that I could tell you that would help. However, every woman and every labor is different. Some women find that a particular technique (Lamaze, Hypnobirthing, ...) works for them. Other women find relief in calming music or aromatherapy. It really depends on you and your needs.

The best I can recommend is to have a plan, but to be mentally prepared for the plan to change. If it is available, go on the tour of your hospital's maternity unit. Have your bag packed, so that you don't have to throw things together at the last minute. Have your list of people to call (for both when you go into labor and after the birth). If you don't want visitors while you are in labor, limit the number of people you call to the essentials (you would be surprised at the number of visitors that might "drop by"). Talk with your doctor about what to expect - for many women, child birth can be their first hospitalization and knowing what will happen can relieve some anxiety.
Most important, never loose site of the end objective- that beautiful new baby.

Good luck! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank