Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
rash with water blisters
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash with water blisters

My stepmom has a really red rash on the right side of her back above her bra line and under her right arm, and it has several water blisters. It hurts her pretty bad. We are on vacation in Sint Maarten, and she can't go out in the sun because it gets a lot more painful when she does. Does anyone know what this is, and how to make it go away? It's ruining the vacation for her....
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is generally very difficult to tell what kind of rash someone has without being able to see it.  Also, it can be difficult to discover what has caused the rash.  That being said, what you have described to me sounds a lot like shingles.  Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes the chicken pox.  Blisters form on the skin, ooze and scab over.  Shingles is very painful, and exposure to sunlight can make it worse.  Treatment includes antiviral medications, antiinflammatory medication, and pain relievers.  It is important to be seen by a doctor if shingles is suspected so I think your step mom should see a doctor.  Good luck.

Bridget  
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979