Asthma Community
Allergic rhinitis and Asthma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergic rhinitis and Asthma

I have perennial allergic rhinitis and mild-moderate exercise/physical activity-induced asthma.

I am currently taking Symbicort 200/6 one puff bid and have been doing so for approximately six weeks. However, for the last few days I have felt a real shortness of breath/chest tightness for a few hours after taking the Symbicort – could this be paradoxical bronchospasm? My FEV1 ranges from 720 to greater than 800 even when I’m not on medication and even when I’m experiencing the shortness of breath. If I discontinue the corticosteroid and only use salbutamol before physical activity there will be a progressive decline in my lung function through chronic inflammation and scarring? In other words is it really necessary for me to be on corticosteroids given my FEV1? Is Symbicort really the best medication for me? What about using Flovent and salbutomol instead or salbutamol alone?

Any safe and effective natural/herbal remedies for allergic rhinitis and asthma?

Thank you.
Tags: symbicort