Asthma Community
Bronchial Asthma (severe)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bronchial Asthma (severe)

Good afternoon! I am a 19 y/o, female, from the Philippines. I am asthmatic since I was 6 months old. I have been in and out of hospital since, and I also have been taking maintenance medications such as Fluticasone(Seretide) and Budesonide(Symbicort) since I was 14 y/o. I use Ventolin nebules for mild attacks but I have to be hospitalized in cases of status asthmaticus.

Usually, when I get admitted in the hospital, physicians give me Hydrocotisone (IV) and Prednisone (oral). I believe I developed Cushing's Syndrome because of these and because I did not taper the dosage when I knew I had to stop taking these because of central obesity without telling the doctors.

Recently, I've lost weight because I became physically insecure. I overdid my exercise and became over-fatigued. I also became bulimic and easily depressed. After 5 months, I was down to 130 pounds from being 210 pounds. I started having more asthma attacks and was not responsive to high doses of corticosteroids after 2 weeks of admission.

I would like to know the possibility, indications, procedure, medications given (if there are) and hospital/home management (pre&post) of temporary Airway Stenting through bronchoscope in cases of Severe Asthma.

I am now an incoming senior in a University and taking up Bachelor of Science in Nursing as a pre-med course.

Please answer me because I really need this for myself, my report / debate and also for my patients' questions regarding their conditions.

I would really appreciate it a lot if you answer me. Thank You in advance. God Bless!
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi,

Perhaps you may want to ask these questions on our expert forum.  

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Asthma-and-Allergy/show/99

Welcome to our patient community!

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity