Asthma Expert Forum
Do I have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)??

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

I had a very phlegmy cough for about two weeks. Then one day, I suddenly woke up from sleep because I couldn't breathe. It lasted for about a few minutes and then I could slowly breathe again. I went to the hospital and had an X tray and blood test.The X tray result was fine. My lungs were clear except for the part on top which was a bit phlegmy. My blood test showed that everything was fine.My throat was fine too. I was given antibiotics to cure my cough. After one week, my cough became okay. Now, after a month since a first gotten my cough, sometimes a have difficulty breathing. For example, when I drink water and also when I cough a little. It also happened another time when I was sleeping, but that was just for a few seconds. Now, when I cough a little, I swallow air and have difficulty breathing. What's wrong with me? Is this asthma or what?
This sounds like vocal cord spasm with obstruction.  It could be associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and you should be evaluated for this condition.  Also, you should have examination of your larynx with a fiberoptic laryngoscope, by an ENT specialist.