Aa
A
A
Close
Is it asthma
As a baby I grunted in my sleep and was hospitalized often for my breathing difficulties.  I was tested for cystic fibrosis which was negative Thank God.  I was on theophylline until about my teen age years when I developed chronic gastritis and went off the theophylline.  My chest heavyness and short of breath is bad at this time of year.  But I never have bad peak flows and dont wheeze.  I have tested positive to a low dose of methocholine.  I use combivent prn.  The other day my uvula was swollen and throat was red and irritated with white pimples I felt like I couldn't swallow, talk, and felt like I was drooling I went to the doctor he gave me prednisone and changed my allergy medicine I have a dry cough and sometimes it is moist I have increased shortness of breath and chest heavyness  are these symtoms only indicative of asthma? why is that I never wheeze and my peak flows are always normal?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The methacoline challenge test is pretty accurate for diagnosing asthma.  I have pretty bad asthma and I have never wheezed.  You don't necessarly have to wheeze to have asthma.  Sometimes I cough, but usually not.  I usually get real hot and dizzy.  Then I get really thursty and it just starts feeling like I can't get enough air.  There are many different symptoms of asthma and some people have them all and others only have one or two.  If you are unsure I would take my test results and get another pulmanologist to look at them and give you a second opinion.  I hope you find out for sure and if it is asthma get on some medicine to keep from having attacks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank