Asthma Expert Forum
constant throat clearing
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

constant throat clearing

In the past few weeks i have developed excess pleghm and am always clearing it out of my throat. Could this be serious- like stemming from my chest tightness and shortness of breath? i am only 31, exercise and think i am healthy. I always thought the breathing and chest tightness were anxiety but now with the mucus i dont know......
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
It sounds like you may have asthma.  One of the characteristics of this disease, for some people, is an increase in the amount and viscosity of mucus arising from the lungs.  On the other hand, the source of your mucus could lie in the upper airways including the nose and sinuses and the mucus could then aggravate underlying asthma that otherwise might not be a serious problem for you.

The first thing you should do is to have your doctor assess your lungs for signs of asthma and the second is to determine the source of the excessive mucus.

Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703