Is PENEGRA a right tablet to reduce RVSP???
Hi Doctor,

My cousin is suffering from 1.6cm hole in heart(ASD) with 80mm hg RVSP. Cardiologist that we have consulted has suggested the patient to take PENEGRA 25MG to reduce RVSP. However, when we googled this tablet over net, we found the purpose of using this tablet doesnt suit for a heart disease.

Is this the right tablet to reduce RVSP. Kindly suggest.

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Pradip
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions as PENEGRA or sidenafil is popularly used for erectile dysfunction and impotence in men. However, sidenafil is also used to treat pulmonary artery hypertension which results from both high right ventricular systolic and diastolic pressure. Sidenafil acts by controlling the high right ventricular pressure. This could be the reason the patient has been prescribed this drug. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.