Aa
A
A
Close
primum atrial septal defect
I am headed to UAB next week for a surgical cath, but everything I read online says that primum requires surgery. I am not sure if the doctor is taking the easy way out or I am just confused. Any suggestions?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry, I am sure you need more info, I am 39, active duty Air Force, I have a 1.75cm ASD primum. I saw the cardio doc and he said "its very small, you might not need surgery". Which is not what my primary cardio doctor said. I have been having chest pain with excretion, shortness of breath, head aches. Everything i have seen online and what the base cardio says, these symptoms are a cause if a untreated ASD. The cardio doctor at UAB says there is no issues, the symptoms are not from the ASD.

I am not sure I fully trust this doctor, he seems to contradict everyone else. Any suggestions?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It seems your symptoms coinside exactly with asd problems. If it is small enough you can have it fixed through a cath which is not concidered a surgery though. My 5 year old was diagnosed with her asd when she started having migraines. Sadly she was not a cathable case. She was missing the entire atrial septum. Good luck dear. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community Resources