Meds
Has anyone else had their meds cause or what seems to cause short term memory loss?  I told my dr about this yesterday and of course my meds were changed.  Im hoping when I start the new "cocktail" next week that some of these side effects cease.  
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
803299_tn?1243138653
Yes definitely!  I thought that I was getting some really bad memory loss related illness. I am not sure which med or meds that I am taking are causing this to occur but I am taking natural herbs to counteract the memory loss.  The current formula that I am on is making a big difference and my memory is much improved.  God bless
Comment
Cancel
803299_tn?1243138653
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Oh yeah! many meds can cause memory loss. My psych meds do as does my hubbie's pain meds. It's a small price to pay to be well. I've adapted by writing notes for things I need to remember and put things in their regular places so that they don't get misplaced. I keep a calendar to write appts on as soon as I make them along with all the b-days and anniversaries that I need to remember. Good luck on your new meds.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
603015_tn?1329866573
I dont know if its the meds or the illness but I really have a bad memory and it is considerably worse since my last episode in nov. My short term memory is shocking at the moment.
Comment
Cancel
603015_tn?1329866573
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
539549_tn?1315985262
I have trouble recalling information sometimes like my thoughts aren't as fluid I loose my place sometimes after I have takken my meds. I sometimes have trouble remebering my train of thought or finishiung statements or stories espically if they are very detailed....
Comment
Cancel
539549_tn?1315985262
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, simplicityx4, and I don't know if it will ever change.  Although I am now taking Seroquel and my mind is sharper along with my tongue!!  I also have swollen face, hands, knees and ankles from it.  But at least I believe I am more myself than I have been in years. But my kids, it hurts when I don't remember doing something with them like three days before the short term gone the long term appears to be good.
zzzmykids
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes!  My short term memory has become so bad on Geodon that I'll leave things sitting out at work in public where I shouldn't leave it.  I told my doctor my short term memory was really shoddy and I had to write a bunch of notes to remember everything I needed to tell her but she didn't seem to consider changing medications.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, my memory is not what it was.  I used to have the memory of an elephant but not anymore.  Also my concentration levels are dreadful.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Meds
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
1551327_tn?1414146344