Bipolar Disorder Community
over emotional?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

over emotional?

hi again do any of u ever experience getting over emotional and cry n shout at that person wen some ones just askin u questions but u think they are picking on u?
No but that was very common in me before I had my current recovery from schizoaffective disorder. Not so much crying as angry aggressive behavior. If I was off a mood stabilizer (which I need alongside the antipsychotic agent I take which is in Phase II FDA study, being that I have schizoaffective) it would re-emerge. In my case there's the matter of reality testing but also thinking about a non emotional way to handle a potentially emotional situation which I seem to have began to understand but takes a while to develop.
thanx for that hun!x i have been over emotional all my life
I don't typicaly cry but sometimes I get irratated or really hurt when other people give me advice.....
particularly advice I have already tried before. I just think things like yeah ppppppffffffff like I haven't already thought of that. And then I generally feel a bit judged or embaressed for a while afterwards
Uh sort of.  I wouldn't get emotional like that but I might freak out and panic and probably get psychotic on top of that sometimes.  Like for example I thought this doctor was accusing me of taking more of the drugs she gave me than I was supposed to when she just accidentally didn't give me enough and I ran out before she expected.  I think about it now and the tone of voice was normal and she didn't say anything to accuse me of that and such but when I heard what she said I guess my imagination kicked in and made up things.
i get over emotional when i think my stepdad is accusing me of some thing then i start to get irritated and anger sets in and i think that starts him off n he starts on me n i end up shaking and crying then i lock myself in the bathroom and start cutting myself
Overemotional is my middle name, actually.... okay, not really, but I feel like it sometimes.

I cry almost every day at least 1 time and often more. Lots of things can make me cry. Some of these things come from my past trauma, if I see or hear something that reminds me of it I will break down and just start crying. Otherwise anything that upsets me can set me off. I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm angry, I cry when I'm frustrated. I don't know where I keep all these tears, you'd think I'd be dried out I cry so much. But even as a little kid everyone used to tell me, "You're too sensitive," or "You're a drama queen," or "You're too emotional." I'm actually not a drama queen, I hate drama! I just cry too easily.

When things are really bad, that's when I explode and have an emotional erruption and that's when things are dangerous for me. I try not to hit that ledge, and I usually don't, but sometimes if the stress is too high, it just happens.
i get emotional all the time,,,,,,,,,,,,,some month are ok i do not cry much other month like now i cry on a daily basis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i cannot keep an argument ,,even a nice one i feel so stressed and leave before  i cry in fornt of people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i shout at family members when discussing anything or asking some questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i over react and panic a lotttttttttttttt

if am having a discussion with a stranger i try to suppress my feeling and i end up with muscle contraction like my arm and shoulder like today and it take me from 3 days to a 15 days to loosen again

i hate being over emotional and worried like this but cannot help it right now,,,,it feels so bad not to be in control of my emotions and actions like this,,people think am weak:(
its weird enit how little things can set u off on an emotional rollercoster. my heads every were 2nite ima have to rite 2mar or somthing. thanx 4 ur insites tho
Do you ever find that you end up being a little paranoid along with being over emotional? That's the problem that I have, I get paranoid that I'm being weighed and measured and get defensive and over emotional because I feel like evryone thinks I'm "lesser" somehow.
if I know the person is being like that on purpose..asking questions just to prove a point against me, then that would make me angry, then most likly after being really angry, it would turn to crying and screaming if the person didn't relent and back down. I don't do well with a person when they are not on my side.