Blood Disorders Community
CONCERNED

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

CONCERNED

I have claudication and peripheral artery disease and am a diabetic. In Sept I under went 4 bypass surgeries on the same artery in my right leg, All failing. also thrombolytic therapy that was botched. I am on clopidogrel, cilostazol, crestor and aspirn therapy.
Pain prevents much activity, but I do force myself to walk about half a mile twice a day and do move about my home household tasks etc.
I am often awakened with severe pain in my calf, my lower leg and foot feel stiff, the pain just radiates. It feels like my leg is going to explode. Then it subsides, but my leg continues to ache for several hours after.
Are these signs of blood clots moving? Can clots from my leg cause me to have a stroke?
I think I had one, I keeled over, just went flop on my side while standing, no dizziness, or warning.  It was such an odd experience I couldn't explain it. I was standing then I fell sideways my legs didn't weaken, I didn't go limp just keeled over on my right side. I didn't pass out, I was fully conscous the whole time and was up in a matter of minutes. Didn't seem to have broken anything so I just shook it off and went about my day.
Since I have experienced episodes of memory lose, confusion and anxiety this has come on suddenly since the fall. My friend says I had a stroke when I told her days after. That these symptoms will go away. Should I be concerned at this point? I am wondering now. Thanks for any input.
Hi!
Well, since you have a history of peripheral artery disease and claudication, there is always a possibility of a clot getting dislodged and causing stroke. Sudden onset dizziness can be due to a stroke, especially since you have memory loss and confusion. However, all these symptoms can also be explained by anxiety and stress, low blood pressure, high blood pressure and several other causes. It would be best to consult your treating doctor. Take care!