Blood Disorders Community
Decreasing TLC & Platelet

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Decreasing TLC & Platelet

Hi All,

Recently, I had minor headache and low fever (b/w 99-101). As I am from India, this season is famous for dengue fever and I suspected the same. However, I am taking antibiotics after the doctor prescribed the same to me.

Now, the fever has subsided yet the reports aren't really appealing.

Here is the scenario -

Friday (Day 1 of Antibiotics) - TLC - 9600 /cumm
Platelet - 2.100 lakh/cmm

Monday (Day 3) - No fever
TLC - 7100
Platelet - 1.83

The doctor has suggested to get reports for the next 3 days to observe the pattern. He suggests that sometimes dengue fever takes time for its toll. However, I do not see symptoms such as high fever, nausea, rashes, etc.

What can be the other causes for this?

The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will build up your immune system and help your recovery.Your platelets will increase gradually.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.Place your fists, with the thumb pointing up, on the the legs, above the the knee, and do bhastrika for one minute.Repeat this for one minute, but with the fists upside down, so that the thumb is pointing down, and resting on the legs.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 10 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Children under 15 years – do for 5 to 10 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.