Tildiazem for topical use and Atenolol possible interactions?
hello,
i am currently trying to cure my anal fissure with diltiazem cream for topical use,but im also taking atenolol 25mg because of cosmetic defect of the heart which is sometimes causing tachycardia,nothing else.almost 2 hrs since i used the creme for first time,and i feel no side effects.my question is,is it possible to get some side effect because of the interaction of diltiazem and the beta blocker,and what could it be?and if i expirience any side effects at all,will they appear from the first time.or they can appear later in the treatment?
thanks in advance!
Hi!
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker. Over a period of time the drug which is absorbed into the circulation will start showing its effect. If you are using the two medications under the prescription from your doctor then it is fine. Other please inform your cardiologist about this and ask if you need any dose adjustments. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.