Blood Disorders Community
Vascular
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vascular

I had another vein pop in my left hand this time, middle joint of middle finger.  Had this before and vascular surgeon said it was a totally occluded artery in my right arm from a cirvical rib.  Had it taken out, but it came back after.  NOW, it's happening in my left hand.  So it's NOT what he thought.  So what is it!!
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If you are very fair skinned and the skin is thin with less of underlying fat, then veins can be visible and look prominent whenever they are engorged with deoxygenated blood (has a bluish tinge). This is a normal finding and nothing to be perturbed about. It may look unsightly and cause stress therefore.
Also other causes such as peripheral vascular disease, faulty deep veins’ valves and high blood pressure as the cause would need to be ruled out. Kidney function tests should also be done. A duplex ultrasound of the vein will need to be carried out. You can gently massage the vein in upward direction, towards your shoulder, 2-3 times a day and see if it helps. Flexing your fingers and relaxing them a few times will also help. If the bulging vein does not disappear in a day or two, then consult a doctor.
Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank