blood and vascular
My 82 year old mother had a heart attach and massive stroke about 6 weeks ago she has not opened up her eyes yet.  She reacts to getting teeth or mouth clean, lifts her right side arms and legs. she tries to lift head a times. she has a treck with mist and  is getting tube fed. what are her chances of recovery. We strongly believe that when it is Gods will he will bring her back. We have alot of faith. What do you think. Because she does not open her eyes up we are limited to where she can go as far as care. She was put into a rehab/ nursing facility and after 2 weeks her care was very bad. So she went back to the hospital with all kinds of health problems due to her care. She survived all the problems. now we have to take her to another facility. She is a fighter. What is your advice.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your mother. If her vitals are stable, then she may pull through. This is a grey zone in medical world. How and when and if at all a person will recover from massive stroke is very difficult to predict. It may be next minute or it may take months at times. You have to be in touch with the treating doctors as they will be in a better position to throw some more light on her condition. But it is more or less a wait and watch policy. Take care!