Blood Disorders Community
hematoma

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

hematoma

I had an emergengy appendectomy 4 weeks ago, and was having a lot of pain and bleeding. I had an ultrasound last week and they found a hematoma on my left ovary. Is this dangerous and could it have happened from the surgery?
Hi!
Usually a hematoma on the ovary is formed by rupture of the cyst and initially is very painful. However, usually a wait and watch policy is adopted and most hematoma dissolve by themselves or do not cause any problem. However, please consult your doctor about this. It is unlikely to be due to appendectomy. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.