Blood Disorders Community
low white blood cells

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

low white blood cells

Hi recently had blood test and results had come back that i am lacking in white blood cells, can you eplain why this is and what happens next? my doctor says its nothing to worry abount but will retest my blood in a months time. Could this be a the cause of weight gain? or painful joints.

Low WBC count shows some viral infections, immunodeficiency states, and bone marrow failure. It may be due to some viral infections in your case and hence it advisable to repeat the test after a few days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.