Blood Disorders Community
relation between joint inflammation and blood test
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

relation between joint inflammation and blood test

HI My name is Jr. Cz

My last blood test came out the following

WBC 9.4
RBC4.81
HGB 12.3
HCT 38
MCV 79
MCH 25.5
MCHC 32.3
RDW 12.3
PLT  750
NEU% 74
LYM% 11
MON% 8
EOS% 1
BAS % 1
ATYP. LYMP 2
BAND 2
MIELO 1
MACROPLATELETS PRESENT
PLT ON SMEAR INCREASED

SED RATE BY WESTERNGREEN  82

i am worried, because in past blood test, i have also, have high Neu% and low Lym%, and about a month ago I was in the hospital for seven days because of joint inflammation. what could it be does it have any relation to my blood.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Yes, there can be a correlation between joint inflammation and your blood report. Increased platelets in smear can be due to inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis or due to anemia or excessive alcohol drinking. It is also increased in some bone marrow disorders like myeloproliferative disorders (polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis, idiopathic myelofibrosis and chronic myeloid leukemia). All known causes like myeloproliferative disorders of bone marrow, essential thrombocytosis, chronic myeloid leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis etc have to be looked into, and if need be bone marrow biopsy performed.
Also presence of macroplatelets may indicate an osteoarthropathy (bone and joint disorder) of cardiac or heart origin such as rheumatism.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...