Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pons area of the brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Pons area of the brain

I would like the function of the Pons and an explanation of an area of a collection of blood vessels on the pons and what is the treatment for this?
"Pons- part of the metencephalon in the hindbrain. It is involved in motor control and sensory analysis... for example, information from the ear first enters the brain in the pons. It has parts that are important for the level of consciousness and for sleep. Some structures within the pons are linked to the cerebellum, thus are involved in movement and posture."

I am not quite sure what is meant by an area of collection of blood vessels on the pons - That could be an AVM - arteriovenous malformation, and it depends on a lot of things how it is treated - but I am not sure if this is even the topic of discussion.

Can you be clearer about what needs to be treated?
Pain Tracker
Pain
sherry301e79 joined this community
Welcome them!
melimeli commented on specialmom's status
Jun 22
melimeli commented on spider6's status
Jun 22