Aa
A
A
Close
brain tumor prognosis
Can a 29 year old with a low grade glioma that has a 75% resection have a normal life expectancy?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
Low grade is a good thing - it means that it is a slow grower. There are many different types of gliomas - so that makes for a variable. Her previous health (was it great or so so) and habits (smoker, drinker etc) are also variables - so with so many variables - it is really tough to say anything with so little information. After surgery, she may need radiation and/or chemo - it all depends on the tumor.

I appreciate that you are very worried for your friend. I would just be there and do all you can while she is going through this. Surgery itself is tough and the medications afterward can mess with personality - as steroids can make you a bit short (aka roid rage) and she is going to be confused, not have much memory capacity for a while (anesthesia kinda messes with you too) so just being a supportive friend, not judgemental and hanging in even if times get tough will be what she needs.

We are here for you and for your friend - her doc is the best source of information right now...I do hope that her being young and hopefully healthy before that she does really well!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank