Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
brain tumor prognosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

brain tumor prognosis

Can a 29 year old with a low grade glioma that has a 75% resection have a normal life expectancy?
Low grade is a good thing - it means that it is a slow grower. There are many different types of gliomas - so that makes for a variable. Her previous health (was it great or so so) and habits (smoker, drinker etc) are also variables - so with so many variables - it is really tough to say anything with so little information. After surgery, she may need radiation and/or chemo - it all depends on the tumor.

I appreciate that you are very worried for your friend. I would just be there and do all you can while she is going through this. Surgery itself is tough and the medications afterward can mess with personality - as steroids can make you a bit short (aka roid rage) and she is going to be confused, not have much memory capacity for a while (anesthesia kinda messes with you too) so just being a supportive friend, not judgemental and hanging in even if times get tough will be what she needs.

We are here for you and for your friend - her doc is the best source of information right now...I do hope that her being young and hopefully healthy before that she does really well!
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on mhv's status
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
melimeli Thank the Lord for Fridays! Comment