Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
chances of brain tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

chances of brain tumor

I woke up a week ago with a numbness to the back of my head and when i went to get up I felt dizzy.  I have had no severe headaches but do occasionally feel dizzy.  I also noticed that i have a hard time remembering the last names of people not the ones I encounter frequently but just the ones I feel i should know.  I also have had a numbness in the pinky.  I do have severe anxiety and went through a spell like 3 years ago thinking i had a brain tumor then.  During that 3 year period I had a coworker diagnosed with a brain tumor and well 3 weeks ago I was told my biologically father has one but he gave me up 36 years ago.  I have sat around and thought about this and just maybe it has gotten beside me.  I am not making light of the illness as I plans in getting counseling for my anxiety as I have dealt with this for 24 years and i have never received any treatment for it.  I did have an eye exam about a month ago and had my eyes dilated and nothing as found during the yearly exam.  
Headaches are a non-specific symptom - in that it can be so many things like sinus, migraines, hormones, tension headaches, etc.
Dizzy is the same - it can be sinus, blood pressure, ears, etc.
Numbness in one finger - I am only a layman but that sounds more like a nerve issue.

My father also had a brain tumor (as well as maternal uncle) so I understand your fear on one level - but few have genetic components where it passes along like that, and so you have to know the type but odds are you not going to be in trouble.

An eye exam is a good step.

I hope you get treatment for your anxiety and that should help. We get a lot of similar questions. Do make sure you get a regular exam and once you get your anxiety under control I hope you feel better.