Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
Abdominal Pain and Fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Celiac (Sprue) disease, anemia, behavioral changes and neurological issues, dental issues, diet and nutrition, infertility, gastrointestinal issues, gluten-free recipes, growth issues, infants and children with Celiac, pain management, and skin and dermatology issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal Pain and Fatigue

I have multiple food allergies and sensitivities. I've done alot of experimenting with elimination dieting, strictly avoiding gluten for over a year now, and most recently soy. I stay away from the allergy foods like certain nuts and carrots. I've seen a huge improvement in my symptoms, but despite my best efforts, I'm still having some difficulties.

There are periods of where I feel normal, but frequent fatigue is an ongoing problem for me. Other symptoms include crampy lower abdominal pain and bloating, low grade fever, fatigue, mild nausea, and depression. I'm not motivated and food ceases to interest me from time to time, though it seems to be occurring more often lately. The symptoms come and go without warning. Sometimes I am afraid to eat at all.

I have never tested positive for celiac disease, but I know I feel much better without it. My recent CBC appears normal. I've lost about fifteen pounds over the last eight months, but I seem to have leveled off.

Anyone have any similar experience or advice on what to do next?